Wednesday, November 28, 2007

#14 - False Promises


Title: False Promises
Subject: Promises
Author: Mel Kaye
Location: USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Level of Annoyance (1-10): 7

Complaint Details
: This will be short. It really bothers me when people say they will do something and then don't. I will not name names, because I think we are all guilty of this. I hate being strung along and what's worse; I hate being lied to.

Possible Solution
: Do not commit to something if you have no intentions of doing it. If something comes up and you have to delay, let the person you made the commitment to know. Simple communication and have your word mean something.

Just think how nice this world would be if we just stood behind our word.


Technorati Tag:

10 comments:

Max Coutinho said...

Hello Mel,

I know what you mean! This annoys me more than anything!!

But now I must ask: have I done something? Cause it may happen, you know...I may promise something and then forget it, for some obscure reason (cause I usually don't forget the things I promise)...

This is a great complaint *clap clap clap*!

Cheers

DubLiMan said...

Max,
You have done nothing in this regard. When writing this complaint I realized that I promised you that I would complete the "Proudest Moment" meme about a week ago and have yet to complete it. This reminded me that I am also guilty of this complaint.

Max Coutinho said...

lol Mel,

Don't worry :)! You had said that you didn't know when you would be able to complete it, remember :)?

Cheers

Max Coutinho said...

By the way: the image on this post is so appropriate "Please have a sit, we will be with you shortly", which could take hours *nodding*!

DubLiMan said...

This drives me crazy. All I am looking for is to be straight with me.

Max Coutinho said...

I hear you, Mel!

Anonymous said...

What is bad is the people who don't realize that they are doing this. They make up so many excuses for themselves.

DubLiMan said...

of,
I agree. Most of the time it is not done maliciously. We have to realize our effect on others.

Max Coutinho said...

Mel,

I came to present a complaint:

Blogger follow-up comments is down!!! These guys give us the candy, and once you get use to it they take it away without notice!

I understand that maintenance must be done, but couldn't they advice people? Where is the respect?

Of course, now I won't get your counter comment on this...
I have already written to blogger expressing my disappointment.

Cheers

DubLiMan said...

Max,
Do you want me to file an official complaint on the site, or just leave this in the comment section of "False Promises"

About Us | Disclaimer | Disclosure Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2008 MondayMorningPower